BLOG-2: V&R MAP and reflection of the questions

●  What digital platforms are students currently using to develop their professional network?

According to Covid-19, I think students develop their professional networks on many digital platforms. For example, we usually use Zoom for classes and sometimes use Microsoft teams for offline communication. LinkedIn is also a professional digital platform. It allows students to meet people in the same field of study. In our courses, we enhance our professional network by having weekly discussions and sharing through Mattermost. These digital platforms allow students to enhance their professional networks in different ways. I believe that in an era of rapid technological development, there will be more digital platforms for students to enhance their professional networks in the future.

●  What can you (as a student) consider to expand your professional learning network?

As a student, it is important to show a complete introduction of yourself in a professional learning network, such as my hobbies and interests. This approach will attract people who have the same hobbies as me. Meeting new people on social platforms is the fastest way to quickly expand your professional learning network. Secondly, I think setting up an avatar is also an important point. When I am meeting new people, I think an image can quickly make a person feel good about you. Posting content regularly on social media platforms can also expand a professional learning network very quickly.

●  In your network, how can you create a digital identity/reputation?

I think digital identity on the web is important. When we share information regularly on the web, then the information I share will attract people who share my views. We will digital identity in the platform means our professional direction. Digital credibility is built based on the personal information we make public or share about our daily lives. These are good ways to build digital identity and credibility.

●  Consider what a local employer would do if you applied for a job with them – can they search the content, is it of benefit to the career path, does it hinder the opportunity of employment?

It is very easy for employers to search our name from the web. Google will search my social media platforms such as ins, Facebook or Tik-Tok. These social media platforms are available for everyone to see. If we have made some inappropriate comments on social platforms, it can easily affect our admission results. We often say that the Internet has a memory, so it is important to be careful about the information you share on social media platforms.

My V&R Map

When I finished my V&R, I realized that I used so many digital platforms to enhance my pln. for the connections I made with new people in all the digital platforms I used regularly and got more information from them the frequency with which I used these digital platforms proved how much they helped me.

One comment

1. tiancizhou

Hi, Wei.
    Thank you for your bog! In my opinion, as students, we should show our major and interest in PLN. Students of the same major can be attracted to communicate with us. In this way, we can not only extend the PLN, but also help with learning.

Again, digital credibility is important. I think it’s important not only to post personal information about our daily lives, but also not to post negative comments on social media.